Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Why?

Why in the world would I write a blog like this on such an erudite subject? In The United Methodist Church deacons are clergy called to work in the world. I am a psychiatric nurse now, and have been a hospice nurse and a parish nurse. I like history, and am taking a trip to England on the Wesley Pilgrimage. Although my starting point is John Wesley because he was the primary force (besides God) in forming the unique river of Christian faith called Methodism, I expect to find other spiritual leaders who addressed health at the beginning of the Methodist movement. So how does that apply to your life? I think every one of us takes our current medical care for granted. I'd like to show you how far we have come since the 18th century, led by the Holy Spirit. If I can discover it, I'd like to also explore the integration of faith and health at that time. So I will be posting featured facts for your frequent and frenzied fascination

No comments:

Post a Comment